Buckingham United Team Leadership and Coaching Expectations
Buckingham United Coaching Expectations & Code of Conduct
Updated Sunday April 14, 2019 by Soccer Office.
Player Development - Coach's Role
- Develop the child’s appreciation of the game.
- Keep winning and losing in proper perspective
- Be sensitive to each child’s development needs.
- Educate the players to the technical, tactical, physical and psychological demands of the game for their level.
- Implement rules and equipment modification according to the players age group.
- Allow players to experience all positions.
- Players need to have fun and receive positive feedback.
- Practice should be conducted in the spirit of enjoyment and learning.
- Provide the appropriate number of training sessions and games according to the player’s stage of development.
- Strive to help each player reach his or her full potential and be prepared to move to the next stage of development.
- Strive to maintain integrity within our sport.
- Know and follow all rules and policies set forth by clubs, leagues, state, and national associations.
- Work in the spirit of cooperation with officials, administrators, coaches and spectators to provide the participants with the maximum opportunity to develop.
- Be a positive role model
- Set the standard for sportsmanship with opponents, refereed, administrators and spectators.
- Keep sports in proper perspective with education.
- Encourage moral and social responsibility
- Just say no to drugs and alcohol.
- Coaches should continue their own education in the sport.
Travel Player Participation
The coaches of each Travel Team should seek to develop and promote the physical, mental and emotional growth of each player. To this end, the coaches shall ensure that each player in good standing is given equal opportunity to participate in practices and training sessions. Coaches shall make every efforts to allow each player in good standing to have meaningful play in league and tournament games. Coaches will adhere to our Playing Time Policy: Buckingham United believes that the only way that players develop is for them to play in competitive games. Due to this, Buckingham United has the following playing time guideline. Players that attend 75% or more of training sessions will receive at least 50% of potential playing time.
Buckingham United thrives because of the quality and dedication of its volunteer base. Volunteer organizations are really only as good as the volunteers that run them.
Team Leadership Information
- All Head Coaches, Team Treasurers and Managers are required to obtain a cbaasports.org email address. CBAASports email address is required to be used for any and all Buckingham United Soccer communications. You will also receive O365 subscription.
- Background Checks & Clearances If you submitted and were cleared last year (for any CBAA sport), you do not need to resubmit clearances. If you need to verify, please email email@example.com. Background checks and clearances are good for 5 years.
- All Members of Team Leadership must complete EPYS (Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer) Risk Assessment. Every Coach, Manager and Treasurer needs to submit their respective info.
- A mandatory Team Leadership Meeting will be held in June to go over the new Soccer Year and planning.