Basketball - COVID Policy and Guidelines
Summer Basketball COVID Policy and Guidelines
UpdatedSunday July 12, 2020 byChris Slack.
Attached is the CBAA Summer Basketball return to play COVID policy and guidelines.
Key highlights of the policy are:
- If a player or anyone in the players household is sick or experiencing COVID related symptoms then do not come to the game.
- Every coach, player, referee, and/or volunteer must complete the COVID questionnaire before every game and provide results to volunteer at check in. We recommend that all everyone complete the questionnaire prior to arrival at the courts. Please note a temperature is required for entry in order to complete the questionnaire. Results are good for 12 hours. If a player arrives late they will not be allowed on to the courts until half time.
- Coaches must wear face masks when social distance of 6ft cannot be achieved when having a discussion with a referee.
- Players are not to bring basketballs to the games. CBAA will provide all basketballs for warm ups and games.
- Please arrive to your game at least 20 minutes before the scheduled start time so we can check all players in. Please have players maintain social distancing while in line for check in.
- We are encouraging spectators to wear face masks while watching the game.
- Only coaches, players, referees and scorekeepers will be allowed inside of the courts. All other parents and spectators must remain outside of the chain link fence area.
- Please make sure the players have clearly marked water for their games. Water bottles are not to be shared.
- Please report to Chris Slack (firstname.lastname@example.org) if a player or spectator has been around anyone who is presumptive COVID positive or has tested positive for COVID after attending a game.
- Please do not congregate outside of the pre-designated entrance and exit points.
- Maximum number of players allowed to attend a game is limited to 10. Roster sizes greater than 10 will need to coordinate with their players.