2v1 in the Half Spaces
UpdatedSaturday January 9, 2021 byJohn Adair.
- Two teams. Four groups plus a GK. One attacking and one defending line in both left and right half spaces.
- One mini goal at the top of each half space.
- Coach/server and soccer balls in between the two mini goals.
- Two attacking (blue) lines per group. One defending (white) line per group.
- Defender is "locked" in a zone (up to the yellow line)
- Coach/server plays a ball to the more advanced of the two attacking players.
- Players play 2v1 to goal with the half space being the boundary until the ball enters the penalty area. Once the ball enters the penalty area, there are no restrictions.
- The top of the penalty area serves as the offside line.
- If the defender wins possession, the attacker can score on their mini goal.
- Every goal is one point. Keep score and rotate attackers and defenders after a certain number of repetitions or time.
- Runs in behind
- Eye contact
- Weight of the pass
- Timing of the pass
- Angle of the pass